Duales Program: Studies and work experience at the same time
High-quality education, work experience abroad, and a competitive rewarding package from the word go? Lidl provides all these benefits through the educational program Duales Studium.
Would you like to achieve an internationally recognised bachelor's degree and at the same time earn a salary? With Lidl you can! You study International Retail Management in Heilbronn and after completing your studies you get a European-recognised bachelor’s degree. You also have the opportunity to gain practical work experience in an international context, with gradual responsibility whilst improving skills.
Our aim, after your successful graduation, is for you to become a successful Area Manager within Lidl. An Area manager undertakes up to five stores within a district and he/she is responsible for 80-100 Store employees. He/ She recruits, motivates and develops people in our stores. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the company's financial targets and introducing our company Philosophy. The rewards are a very attractive salary and company car, while working with the most contemporary business tools.
- We are looking for people who have achieved a school-leaving certificate and have a very good knowledge of German (studies in german language), Greek and good knowledge of English
- We are seeking for candidates with strong personality, who are ready to share their ideas and have big desire for personal development. You should have a team spirit, enjoy interacting with customers and colleagues, have organisational skills. You are ready to assume full responsibilities from the word go
- You have strong social and communication skills, you enjoy traveling and meeting new people
- 1st Year: 1400€
- 2nd Year: 1600€
- 3rd Year: 1800€
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
We will offer you a university course split 50/50 between college-based learning and work-based learning:
- Classroom training: in the theoretical units, you will learn the principles of business economics specific for Retail Management and you will gain fundamental intercultural abilities. In the fourth semester, you will have the possibility of completing a study experience in another country in one of the project partner universities.
- Training on the job: from the typical tasks in a store, like the everyday contact with our customers, the arrangement of products and the cash desk, to the autonomous management of a geographical area. This practical training in sales will allow you to gain more and more skills, responsibilities and professional competences specific to the Retail sector. In the first two years you will learn to know the protagonists and processes in the stores of a German District Management and in the third and last year you will be in contact with the reality of a District Manager in Lidl Cyprus.
Once a year, you can find a relevant posting on our website, describing details of the Duales study program. In case you are interested to study within Lidl, you can visit our webpage regularly in order to apply online. We will be happy to have you in our Lidl family!
Your Place Of Work
Studies in Germany
Thanks to the Lidl bachelor's degree, you will receive from the beginning a regular monthly salary (an average of about €1,400 gross per month) and, during the on the job training period, Lidl will bear your accommodation costs.
If you want to have the possibility of participating in this extraordinary project, fill in the online form and enclose your CV and motivation letter.